Wednesday, February 19, 2014
NASCAR-Describe a character
As i finished Chapter 1, I learned the history of NASCAR and where it was born. One person who I never knew was famous for what he brought to the nation was named William Henry Getty France also known as Bill France. Bill France IS the father of NASCAR. France was an auto mechanic and a racing fan who came into play when ticket sellers would skip out pay for the racers. He also built the famous Daytona International Speedway in 1959. I felt this was important information because I learned some thing new of our nation's history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great blogging! You use the title of the book in the title of the post, along with the reader response choice. Remember to click spell check-- it would alert you to the small i in the first sentence so that you could fix it before publishing. I really like how you included details from the story to illustrate what you learned and to tell about Bill France. I learned something new from reading your posts!
ReplyDelete